You can stay productive if you’ll remain productive throughout your day. So here’s what you need to do.
When you first come home from college or office, try not to change your clothes unless you have started the first productive task of the day.
Let’s say that you have just came home from school, college or work and you remembered that you have to get your college assignment finished. So what will be your plan of action for this?
- Come home and ahead to your room
- Take a shower and change your clothes.
- Start working on your assignment.
- Carry on with the rest of the day.
How about I tell you that there can be a better approach to do this more efficiently and effectively. This includes:
- Come home and head straight to your room
- Attempt a part of your assignment right away instead of going to the shower.
- Take a shower and change clothes.
- Complete the rest of the assignment.
The whole idea of this drill is to save your time. When you walk or drive back home and walk up to the shower and change your clothes, you will relax. You will get into that “I’m at my home” mode and loosen up.
I learnt about this practice from a friend of mine in the dorm. I have no clue that it he learned this from somewhere or he did it just like that. But that worked for him and I believe that it’ll work for you too.